Thursday 21 June 2012

Bricolage and objet trouvé

David BT: "My approach is varied in sculpture, mainly bricolage and objet trouvé expressions; in kiln glass work I tend to experiment with burn outs, pâte de verre, slumping, open and lost wax casting and core casting. I still paint in water colours and do considerable work in pastels, loving collage work as well. I also write film scripts and poetry occasionally.




I need these various approaches to my art forms to satiate my inner desire to express myself continually, as I’m a highly active person with an overactive effusive mind. My approach is generally very playful and experimental mixture with narrative, landscape inner and outer, figurative, surrealistic and humour as my main themes; which run through most of my art works...



My input comes from being a great observer of nature and atmospheres around me, which I spontaneously extract and express on which ever medium I have at hand. Art for me is a reliable way of somehow therapising myself, a form of self-healing; peeling off the onion skins to reveal the core of my being, my soul you may say. I enjoy the abutments and placement of various icons in conjunction with each other in the same piece of work; provoking thoughts and entanglements that a casual observer might ignore on passing but somehow jar and create these afterthoughts to enquire within; to therefore discover their consequences therein.

Above all I love to imbue my art work with humour as if to say ‘LOOK HERE’ just take some time off to really SEE the ridiculousness of humanity's precarious grasp of the tentative realities within our very own lives. This sense of losing control is actually therapeutic in some cases; in others it’s majestically disorientating but hopefully rich in feedback, if you’re ready and able to take the journey with me."

See more of David BT's Sculpture & Glass work on Pinterest